About the Philanthropy Journal
The Philanthropy Journal’s mission is to serve as a platform for nonprofits and their supporters to be reflective, think critically, and share their stories in order to build a stronger, more courageous sector. We do this through providing nonprofits a platform to tell their stories and by providing valuable resources to our audiences through our podcast, features, resources, nonprofit news and job listings.
Our vision is for nonprofit organizations to have the capacity, commitment, and courage to accomplish their individual missions.
Sign up for our monthly newsletters and weekly media blasts here.
Our Feature stories follow an Editorial Calendar highlighting the great work around the sector. Each month we focus on a different mission area of the nonprofit sector following the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities - Core Codes. Philanthropy Journal's current Editorial Calendar can be viewed here.
Our Resource articles, which publish every other week, focus on topics of relevance to the nonprofit sector.
Our Nonprofit News publishes North Carolina and United States news digests weekly and International new digests once a month. Additionally, once a month we publish the NC Grant News Roundup, highlighting grant news from around the state. Resources and News do not follow the NTEE Core Codes schedule.
We welcome story ideas and guest submissions. Please review our submission guidelines below.
If you have any questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-515-0271 M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.
Philanthropy Journal accepts submission of unsolicited articles, especially for the Resources section, which focuses on practical guidance for nonprofits. Please note the following guidelines:
- All content submitted for consideration to Philanthropy Journal is subject to editing and may be declined.
- To be considered for a Feature article, please submit at least four weeks in advance of publication dates.
- Content that promotes products or services will not be considered.
- Our suggested word count is 800 words. For articles that go significantly over that, we accept either having the piece broken up with subheadings or split into a multi-part series.
- Original content drafted specifically for our use will be labelled as Special to Philanthropy Journal. If we are sharing information, the original source will be noted in the tagline.
- Provide a current high-resolution photo of the author and any additional images that help to illustrate the topic.
- Posted articles will be promoted via social media and, when possible, will include the writer's online identification (for example, @PhiJo).
- Content and article pitches should be sent to email@example.com.
To submit material for our News section, which focuses on news about grants, gifts, people, groups, opportunities, and initiatives, please note the following guidelines:
- Any press releases received will be edited for brevity and may be declined.
- Content for fundraising projects, book reviews, advertisements, or material that is not philanthropy related will not be considered.
- Content related to grants, gifts, peoples, groups, opportunities, and initiatives should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our NC News bits are updated every Monday and our US News bits are updated every other Monday. To ensure that your news is current, please submit materials two weeks in advance.
Campus Box 7011
Raleigh, NC 27695