Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
The Palisades Parks Conservancy (PPC) is an independent non-profit corporation. Founded in 2002, the Conservancy’s mission is to support and protect the natural and cultural resources of the parks and historic sites of the Palisades Interstate Park system, while raising public awareness and supporting educational opportunities about the parks’ national heritage.
Vision: The Palisades Parks Conservancy's Vision is for continued public access and for the preservation of the natural, recreational, historical, and cultural resources of the Palisades Interstate Parks system.
Mission: The Palisades Parks Conservancy’s mission is to support and protect the natural and cultural resources of the parks and historic sites of the Palisades Interstate Park system, while raising public awareness and supporting educational opportunities about the parks’ national heritage.
Strategic Goals: In achieving our mission, we will accomplish the following goals:
- Make visible and promote the parks and historic sites in the Palisades Interstate Parks System.
- Solicit funds to accomplish the major goals of the PPC
- Ensure the future of the PPC with strong leadership and sound financial practices.
The Executive Director is a part-time position responsible for developing the Palisades Parks Conservancy’s scope and influence while maintaining its financial sustainability. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works with the Palisades Interstate Park Commission (PIPC) Director of Development and Special Projects. This position will work remotely with an office space provided as needed. PIPC is located in southern NY and northern NJ.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management: Initiate and manage a five-year strategic plan for the Conservancy, oversee day-to-day operations of the organization (with PIPC Development Director), work with board of directors to coordinate consultants and implement programs, coordinate with PIPC as needed.
- Fundraising & Development: In coordination with the Board of Directors, lead all fundraising efforts including grants, direct mail appeals, online fundraising, major and planned giving, the annual benefit dinner and other events, and individual gift solicitation.
- Board Development: Plan regular board meetings, engage board members in fundraising and program implementation, and cultivate new board members.
- PR and Communications: Coordinate with social media consultant, ensure website and social media pages are relevant and up to date, design and distribute annual report, coordinate contacts with possible funders and seek new donors, develop other digital and print materials as needed.
- Outreach and Education: Be aware of ongoing issues throughout the Palisades Interstate Parks area and work with partners to provide information and assistance toward the protection of natural and cultural resources.
- Eight to ten years’ relevant experience in positions in a nonprofit organization.
- Strong connections to corporate and philanthropic world
- Strong management and personal/human resources skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in developing budgets and other financial data
Contact: Please send resumes to Matthew Shook email@example.com by May 5th to be considered for this position.