Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT of BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
LOCATION: REMOTE (WFH)
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: This Kids Shouldn’t Have Cancer Foundation (KSHCF) In Memory of Jonny Wade is a 501(c)3 charitable foundation. Our mission is to conquer pediatric cancer through research and political action with an emphasis on responsible spending.
JOB SUMMARY: KSHCF is seeking a Development Director to perform various tasks contributing to fundraising of the foundation, including but not limited to development of community partnerships, donor-relations, special events and annual appeals. The Development Director also prepares and distributes reports, develops appeals, writes grant requests and follows-up with donors and potential donors. The position will also provide support to the Board of Directors for regarding visibility and awareness fundraising efforts through coordinated engagement strategies.
- Researches prospective donors/partners/corporations and generates grant applications to meet agency budget needs.
- Works with Board of Directors and other staff to develop and carry out fund development strategies.
- Works with Board of Directors to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Responsible for assisting event committees with special events coordination and implementation, including annual St. Louis Gala, Lemonade Stand & Gold Party and other foundation events.
- Conducts year-end annual appeal campaign, strategic donor development and develops a donor stewardship program.
- Oversees maintenance of database of individuals, corporate and foundation donors.
- Works with Finance Committee to develop annual fund development goals.
- Maintains major-donor relationships through personal communications and donor stewardship.
- Facilitates board members’ participation in fundraising.
- Works with Marketing & PR Committee to produce press releases for campaigns, major gifts, grants and/or events and distribution to appropriate contacts.
- Works with President, Marketing Committee & Agency Partner to oversee website updates, social media updates and changes related to donors
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in nonprofit development preferably with significant foundation and high-donor fundraising experience.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Excellent computer, verbal, presentation and writing skills required.
- Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising and working with people.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Passion for the mission of KSHCF
- Attentive, persistent and flexible.
- Personable, respectful, and professional.
- Creative team-player, organized and a self-starter.
- Preferred experience with donor-management software; experience with Greater Giving a plus.
- Physically able to lift 20 pounds, climb stairs, and bend/stoop.
- Kids Shouldn’t Have Cancer Foundation is currently operated solely by a volunteer Board of Directors across the country. This position would work from home, until the time which an office (or co-working space) would be both necessary and beneficial to the organization.
- Minimum independent travel
- Some evening/weekend work required.
- KSHCF supports a flexible schedule for exempt employees.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.