Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
JOB LOCATION: The employee filling this position will primarily work from home and must have a high speed internet service and dedicated office space available. Some travel is required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director will have a great deal of latitude in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position and will report to the President of the Board for general oversight and direction. Specifically the Executive Director will:
• Be responsible both strategic and operational leadership of all aspects of the work of CHHF. The person in this position will ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program and staffing evaluations, consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, volunteer engagement and communications.
• Be proactively involved in building and maintaining a strong governing board that can provide technical expertise and oversight of the organization.
• Work with President, staff, volunteers and the Board of Directors in cultivating and securing philanthropic support, including but not limited to current and potential supporters, corporations, and foundations. This includes research on potential sources of funding and submitting proposals to potential funders and foundations.
• Provide direction and oversight for all programs and operations of CHHF in both the United States and Honduras.
• Engage constituents and others through strategic communications to elevate visibility and strengthen the CHHF brand, including material for distribution through social/new media channels. This will include the development of the regular monthly mail to constituents to include Newsletters, Letters from President or Executive Director, fund-raising letters and other communications.
• Engage, coordinate, teach, coach and inspire Staff, the Board of Directors, Team Leaders and Constituents to be active fundraisers and promoters for CHHF programs.
• Ensure follow-through actions needed to fulfill the goals and objectives in the Strategic Plan.
• Travel will include attendance at Board of Director meetings, for the recruitment of potential major donors, and at least two trips annually to Honduras to participate with a mission team.
CORE COMPENTENCIES AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently without supervision and achieve significant results.
• Proven ability to guide a growing non-profit toward developing and achieving goals and objectives to meet the needs of the communities served.
• Demonstrable commitment and interest in CHHF mission.
• At least 3 years relevant non-profit experience, including at least two of the following areas of work: fundraising, constituent engagement, grant development and communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, English,
Communications or related field.
• Excellent computer skills including in-depth knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
• Experience in use of Donor Management CRM software such as Salsa.
• Proven record in developing and implementing successful fundraising programs
including the use of Social Media.
• Ability to develop a strong social media and internet presence for CHHF.
• Ability to inspire and lead others to participate in the promotion of CHHF programs.
• Management experience and strong organizational skills.
• Positive demeanor with great affection for other people and ability to function well in
both a leadership and support role.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English, ability to communicate in
Spanish is also preferable.
• Able to understand both American and Hispanic cultural contexts in relationshipbuilding.
• Compensation: $45 – 55,000 salary and benefits.
• Full time/Exempt Position
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter including salary history to the
President, N. K. Hook, Jr at KenHook@CHHF.org Include your Facebook and other
social media accounts in your communications.