Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group seeks an Annual Fund Manager to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Director of the Annual Fund. This position will focus on maximizing the growth of Center Theatre Group’s membership and annual giving program, including individuals who give up to $20,000 annually. This includes ongoing fulfillment of membership benefits across all Inner Circle membership tiers. In addition, this position maintains a personal portfolio of 200 individual giving donors and prospects.
- Engage in front-line communication with Inner Circle donors and answer calls to the member phone line.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 200 individual giving donors and prospects, making personal solicitations that complement direct response appeals.
- Manage the Annual Fund Officer with a portfolio of 200+ individual giving donors and prospects.
- Play a lead role in coordinating the membership/annual giving renewal appeal calendar, working closely with colleagues to strategize message, scheduling, and lists, while ensuring that deadlines are met and appeals reflect direct mail and digital best practice.
- Work with Director of the Annual Fund and other colleagues to develop and execute additional new direct response appeals through email and direct mail, in order to drive increased growth via new channels, ensuring overall integration with an existing comprehensive telefunding program.
- Regularly review appeal results tracking with Advancement Operations colleagues, and adjust appeal tactics as needed.
- Work with Stewardship colleagues to ensure timely and accurate benefits fulfillment for members at all levels.
- Act as an Institutional Advancement liaison to CTG Box Office, Subscriptions, VIP Desk, and Audience Services.
- Collaborate with Advancement Operations colleagues to ensure that membership and philanthropy opportunities are clearly communicated across marketing and subscription materials in a way that maximizes ticket-related donations, and Inner Circle print and digital collateral clearly and effectively promotes membership.
- Act as a public face of CTG to the member/annual donor community, attending and stewarding supporters at member events and through personal email and mail communications. Create and implement on-site donor engagement strategies to welcome, engage, and raise the profile of CTG donor and programs.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Manage additional responsibilities as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Four years of college from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history required, with four or more years working with individual donors. Understanding of membership programs is a plus. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels. The successful candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with a great sense of humor.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.