Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Senior Associate Vice President for Development, Constituent Program
Georgia State University
Georgia State University, an enterprising public research university in Atlanta, GA, is a national leader in graduating students from diverse backgrounds. U.S. News & World Report has named Georgia State the 4th most innovative university in the country based on our visionary approach to student success. The university provides its world-class faculty and more than 50,000 students with unique connections to the opportunities available in one of the 21st century’s great global cities. Georgia State offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experience across the curriculum and has more than 50 nationally and internationally ranked programs.
The Senior Associate V.P. for Development, Constituent Programs reports to the V.P. for Development and Alumni Affairs and is a member of the senior staff. This position is responsible for providing leadership to the university development office and is primarily responsible for guiding and managing development activities in each of Georgia State’s 12 colleges and academic and non-academic units. This position will serve as ambassador for development on campus and will work with academic leadership, particularly the Provost and Deans, to identify short and long-term priorities for fundraising. This position will also be part of the campaign team and will work closely with the campaign staff to ensure that the colleges will execute those activities that will insure the university obtains all its campaign goals. The Associate V.P. participates with the Vice President for Development in the planning, strategic direction, cultivation, and solicitation and stewardship activities related to the university’s development goals and campaign goals.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing all activities related to constituent-based fund raising.
- Works in tandem with the Vice President of Development, Deans, and Development Officers to establish goals and objectives for each Constituent Program.
- Oversees execution of annual and campaign objectives and reports to the Vice President of Development on progress of goals. Responsible for supervising Assistant VPs, Sr. Directors, and Directors of Development in the colleges and non-academic units. Assists in the management of the college's Advisory Boards.
- Provides leadership for deans and unit heads as it relates to volunteer activities including board development, cultivation, programming, and solicitation strategies.
- Works with other Associate Vice Presidents to coordinate development activities.
- Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Serves on a development team focused on prospect management and solicitation clearance.
- Travel as needed.
Bachelor's degree and seven years of related experience. Preference: Master's degree and ten years of development experience and at least five years of which must have included supervisor/management responsibilities; or a combination of education and related experience.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- Development experience in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of and prior use of Raiser’s Edge software
- Experience setting fundraising goals
- Implementing cultivation and solicitation plans
- Motivating staff and volunteers to achieve objectives
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all disciplines including donors, faculty, staff, students, and select corporations and foundations
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee’s direct supervisor.
Please apply through the GSU website and include your cover letter and resume with your GSU application.
College/Business Unit: Development
Department: Development Division
Location: Atlanta Campus
Shift: 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM | Monday - Friday
Salary: Salary Negotiable
Pay Grade: NPP
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (Benefits Eligible)
Job Posting: 11/21/18, 4:24:45 PM
Closing Date: 12/17/18, 11:59:00 PM
Please note, Georgia State University’s career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.