Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
The Center for Urban Community Service | CUCS helps individuals rise from poverty, exit homelessness, and be healthy. We excel at developing affordable housing and providing programs that link housing, health, training, and social services for homeless and low-income individuals and families. Every year 50,000 individuals find the care and support they need with CUCS.
CUCS is hiring a Communications Associate to join its dynamic Development and Communications team, which is responsible for turning strategies into actionable fundraising and communications initiatives.
The Communications Associate will manage all of the organization’s print, social media, email, and web-based content. Reporting directly and collaborating closely with the Director of Development and Communications, the position is responsible for envisioning, creating, and delivering effective and creative communications strategies for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage social media, website, and all digital properties.
- Serve as lead writer for all print and digital communications.
- Develop and execute communication strategies to expand the awareness of CUCS, its programs and people it serves.
- Create innovative ways to engage audiences on all of the organization’s social media feeds. Develop cross-channel digital communication plans to engage current and new audiences.
- Collaborate with the Development and Communication team to develop and implement strategies to convert social media followers to volunteers and donors.
- Update, write, and manage website and content.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on metrics for all web, digital, and social media properties.
- Manage all aspects of reporting, including user activity reports, tracking codes and technical campaign requirements.
- Implement brand awareness and campaigns utilizing marketing automation tools, search, and social media campaigns.
- Maintain strong knowledge of and experience with effectively building followers and creating compelling content.
- Develop, write, and produce marketing copy for print, digital, and social media, including but not limited to brochures, annual reports, blog posts, emails campaigns, and social media collateral.
- Manage and update communications video and photographic library.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Background in social media and communications management is preferred.
- Must be a strategic thinker, creative thinker.
- Hands on experience with both paid and organic campaigns, specifically on Facebook and Twitter, and an understanding of how these elements work together to build a
- Strong attention to detail and exemplary organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Superior writing and verbal communications skills required.
- Must be flexible and open to changing needs and priorities.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress or similar content management system.
- Strong knowledge with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform.
- Ability to assimilate and convey conceptually complex information in a succinct and compelling way, tailored to different audiences, is required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and online video applications a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open office environment.
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE URL PROVIDED BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER: