Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
CASEL’s Manager of Implementation Support will manage the development and continuous improvement of resources, tools, and professional learning that supports schoolwide and district SEL implementation. This position will play a critical role in capturing and codifying essential learning about SEL implementation from the field, and will collaborate with the product development team to support the translation of the essential information into practical applications, including the CASEL School Guide, District Resource Center, professional learning opportunities and innovative support models.
Specifically, job responsibilities include:
- RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND REFINEMENT:
Support the ongoing development and continuous improvement of key SEL implementation resources and tools, including the CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL and District Resource Center.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and resources to support systemic SEL implementation in districts and schools
- Summarize and incorporate key learnings and SEL best practices from leading researchers, CASEL consultants, partner and non-partner districts, and collaborators
- Identify, collect, and review exemplar tools and resources from the field
- Manage new content development for school and district products, frameworks, and tools from conception to implementation
- Make ongoing content revisions and refinement of tools and support materials based on user feedback, expert reviews, field engagement experiences and collaborations with assessment and continuous improvement teams
- Collaborate as appropriate with key external partners in the develop of resources and tools
- PROFESSIONAL LEARNING:
Support the translation of field-based, practitioner learning into actionable and practical knowledge through developing, implementing, and managing professional learning that supports districts and schools in systemic SEL implementation.
- Collaborate with CASEL consultants and staff in the creation and execution of presentations, virtual and in-person training modules, webinars, facilitation guides or other professional learning resources to support systemic SEL implementation in schools and districts
- Support design of CDI professional learning community convenings
- Oversee the development of a professional learning and implementation support plan to facilitate the use of key CASEL products, including the CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL and District Resource Center
- Manage the continuous improvement of CASEL’s professional learning and technical assistance offerings, including identifying innovative strategies for meeting the learning needs of districts and schools
- Develop facilitation guides, presentations, and other support materials for CASEL Consultants and district-based SEL leads to lead professional learning
- Develop new learning and expertise in effective professional learning strategies (both in-person and digital)
- Collaborate as appropriate with external partners in the develop of professional learning offerings
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
Provide ongoing Project Management as follows:
- Establish, track and monitor project plan and timeline for assigned projects
- Manage and coordinate activities and logistics for assigned projects
- Prepare status reports for CASEL staff and other project stakeholders such as districts or funders
- In collaboration with Director of Field Learning, manage project budget
- Facilitate all related project communications, including emails, calls and meetings
Contribute to major CASEL initiatives and goals, and provide overall contributions to the Practice team’s learning and continuous improvement
- Share and exchange key learnings with CASEL teams, and participate in major CASEL events such as Cross-District Meeting
- Continuously reflect and develop own professional skills that support in carrying out roles and responsibilities
- Support and participate in other projects as assigned by Director of Field Learning
CASEL seeks an individual who is highly motivated and committed to CASEL’s mission. The ideal candidate will have the following experience, expertise, and skills:
- Master’s degree in education, social work, psychology, or related field
- School-level experience, including teaching, counselor/social worker or administrator
- District-level experience managing/leading the implementation of SEL-related initiatives strongly preferred
- Expertise in preK-12 education, school climate and culture, and social and emotional learning
- Significant experience planning, leading, and refining high-quality professional development
- Eagerness and capacity to learn comprehensive and complex information in a short amount of time, and strong ability to respond quickly and thoroughly to feedback and new learning
- Ability to communicate well with school and district leaders, CASEL partners, and others in the field
- Highly self-motivated and driven to take initiative and problem solve to advance work effectively overcoming obstacles and difficulties that may arise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in order to effectively and efficiently explain, document, and disseminate information about progress and goals
- Strong project management skills in order to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, activities, and budgets and navigate complexities
- Strong relationship-building and conflict resolution skills to convene and coordinate individuals and diverse working groups to complete time-sensitive projects
- Experience working with diverse populations is required
- Commitment to CASEL’s mission and SEL development for every student
- The desire to work in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where taking initiative, working well in teams of internal and external colleagues, and perseverance in the face of challenges is a must
The desire to work in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where taking initiative, working well in teams of internal and external colleagues, and perseverance in the face of challenges is a must.
CASEL seeks to maintain compensation packages competitive within the nonprofit and education sectors, commensurate with experience.
Please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email message. We regret that we will not be able to respond to phone inquiries about this position.