Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
This is an exciting time to join Dress for Success Triangle. As DSFT enters its next ten years we are seeking a dynamic, energetic Executive Director who is passionate about our mission and building the foundation for DFST to continue serving Triangle women for the next ten years and beyond.
Founded in 2008, Dress for Success Triangle (DFST) has a mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a networkof support, professional attire and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Often recognized for providing professional attire to women reentering the workforce, Dress for Success is “more than just a suit”. DFST is an affiliate of Dress forSuccess Worldwide, a network of over 130 grassroots organizations dedicated to implementing the organization's mission in their communities. Dress for Success Triangle is one of only four affiliates nationwide operating multiple branches, with locations in Raleigh and in Durham.
The hallmark of Dress for Success is its career development programs, supporting women who are ready to enter or re-enter the workforce. Dress for Success Clients are referred from over 100 Triangle partner agencies where they are exposed to career coaching, image coaching, and job readiness and retention programs. In addition to Dress for Success branded programs such as the Going Places Network, a ten-week job acquisition program; and the ProfessionalWomen's Group, a job retention program for employed clients, DFST has a history of providing specialized services to meet the needs of women in the Triangle area. Some of these initiatives include supporting female veterans, training retail leaders, and partnering with Triangle area companies to provide specialized training in customer service and technology skills.
Dress for Success Triangle is one of only four affiliates nationwide operating multiple branches, with locations in Raleigh and in Durham. DFST is led by a staff of ten full and part-time individuals and supported by over 350 dedicated volunteers who provide career coaching, image consulting and supportfundraising efforts. DFST maintains a $1,000,000 annual operating budget benefiting from a wide range of financial support from individuals, corporations,foundation grants and earned income through the excess inventory sales of clothing and in-kind contributions. In 2018 Dress for Success Triangle celebrated its tenth anniversary and served its 13,000th client.
Role of Executive Director
This position is a “build” not a “run” role. The Executive Director will be responsible for working with the Board of Directors and Staff of DFST to determine the fundraising plans, operational structure, and strategic programs to take the organization into the next ten years of success.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the day to day management of the DFST organization. As the organization’s “Chief Executive,” the person in this role will be responsible for driving DFST’s financial, human resources, marketing, programming, and operational excellence.The Executive Director will take responsibility for developing, managing and reporting on the organization’s budget and finances to funders, auditors, the Board, Dress for Success Worldwide and local, state and federal authorities. S(he) will lead and manage day-to-day activities, routines and processes of DFST including client programs and services, the role of volunteers, inventory management and sales, and the physical plant needs of the facilities. The Executive Director will implement strong operational processes and procedures that support management of multiple locations and establish priorities and goals with the staff, coaching and correcting as needed.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Dress for Success Triangle organization including establishing and executing on goals and objectives for fundraising, client services, budgets, etc.
- Provide strategic, visionary leadership to the organization.
- Work closely with Staff and Board on the organization’s fundraising efforts and help to build a diversified development plan; steward major existing donors and help with soliciting leads and major gifts.
- Develop relationships with Board members, local leaders and donors that will lead to long-term support and advocacy on behalf of DFST.
- Assess and revise the strategic plan in coordination with the Board and staff and ensure its ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Be the voice of DFST and its mission; work with Marketing Committee of the Board to create an annual marketing/communications strategy to strengthen the organization’ status and reputation in the local communities.
- Create an environment supportive of volunteers, both those who work with clients, those who help with fundraising and otherways. This environment should encourage and engage volunteers to participate in the operations, programs, fundraising, and general needs of the organization
- Stay current on the issues affecting women in poverty in local communities served by DFST
- Proven leadership in a similarly sized non-profit as an Executive Director or equivalent leadership role.
- Track record of driving revenue in a non-profit setting. Ability to personally drive fundraising including identifying and winning large gifts in excess of $10K.
- Exceptional networker and relationship builder, with a track record of creating links with individuals, community groups,institutions and corporations.
- Strong operational capability including former success in building operational process around fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop a team of non-profit leaders to success.
- Has the ability to make difficult personnel decisions when required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with Donors, Staff, Board, Volunteers and Clients keeping each informed and engaged in the Dress for Success mission.
- Strong ethics and passion for the Dress for Success mission and issues empowering women.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Non-profit experience with a similar mission (serving underserved women etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Experience with fundraising or CRM technologies such as Salesforce is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Dress for Success Triangle will offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Salary range is $80,000 – $100,000.
Raleigh, NC. This position will require local travel as well as maintaining a presence in our Durham location. Candidates outside the Triangle area may be considered however relocation benefits are not offered for this role.
This is a full-time position. The candidate will often work outside of normal work hours including evenings and weekends.
To apply for this role please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .