Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Georgia State University
Georgia State University, an enterprising public research university in Atlanta, is a national leader in graduating students from diverse backgrounds. U.S. News & World Report recently named Georgia State the 2nd most innovative university in the country based on our visionary approach to student success. The university provides its world-class faculty and more than 50,000 students with unique connections to the opportunities available in one of the 21st century’s great global cities. Georgia State offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experience across the curriculum and has more than 50 nationally and internationally ranked programs.
The College of Education and Human Development
The college drives each generation of educators and human service professionals to think creatively and to always be one step ahead. Students gain the skills needed to promote physical and mental well-being, share expertise with schools and communities and improve the future for those who need it most. The experiences of exploring, innovating and leading in the program help students to build a solid foundation for their career.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects (both individual and corporate/foundation) at the $25,000 or greater level.
- Coordinate with department chairs and faculty to develop proposals to the private sector.
- Serve as part of the senior leadership team for Constituent Programs to develop policies that will be used by the division and assist in the planning for the next campaign.
- Assist Alumni Affairs and supervise the Alumni & Events Coordinator.
- Work with the College Advancement Council to develop and expand their responsibilities in the area of fundraising.
- Develop long- and short-term priorities and funding plans with the Sr. Associate VP of Development, and the CEHD Dean, Associate Deans and Department Chairs.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $25,000 or more; or a combination of education and related experience.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of work experience in face-to-face fundraising (preferably in higher education).
- Track record of successful major gift fundraising strategies, managing a portfolio of 150 prospects and executing 150+ donor visits per year.
- Ability to manage, staff, and work with an advisory board and campaign committee.
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues and volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all disciplines including donors, faculty, staff, students, and select corporations and foundations.
- Knowledge and/or prior use of Raiser’s Edge software.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of higher education.
Please apply to the position online at https://hr.gsu.edu/ and submit your cover letter and resume with your application.