Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Get inspired by doing something that really matters and join our team of dedicated, caring people at DKMS. Every day, we help save lives by adding more registrants to the global bone marrow registries and connecting patients in need of a transplant with matching donors who can save their lives. Globally, we've registered almost 9 million registrants, and more than 75,000 of these have gone on to donate to patients. You’ll be part of a growing international nonprofit where initiative, compassion, collaboration and strategic thinking are rewarded as we work together to expand our reach, recruit more registrants and help save more lives.
The Director of Development will be responsible for creating and executing the organization’s fundraising strategy. This includes leading and managing the Development team and all Development activities, as well as actively contributing to our revenue goal by developing and cultivating partnerships with prospective donors, and managing and soliciting existing relationships. As a member of the Executive Team, the Director of Development will collaborate closely with all other departments within DKMS to align strategic and operational plans, and to achieve our annual goals.
- Develop the organization’s fundraising strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring that the plan is goal-oriented and strategically focused on high-impact initiatives
- Lead the execution of the plan while collaborating closely with the CEO, board members and the Executive Team
- Lead and supervise the Development team, inspiring and supporting employees in their work, ensuring a workplace culture of mutual respect, teamwork and accountability
- Contribute to our revenue goal by playing an active role in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Monitor and analyze the Key Performance Indicators, effectiveness of programs, and the departmental budget on a regular basis for reporting to the CEO and Executive Team
- Keep up to date with developments in the corporate and nonprofit sector, as well as competitive activity
- 7-10 years of successful experience in fundraising and development, with a demonstrated ability to set development and fundraising strategy, set and meet goals and work effectively with donors and partners at every stage of the process
- A team player and strong leader, able to delegate and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities and work collaboratively in leading and managing people
- Enthusiastic, positive and goal-oriented with the ability to work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- An outstanding relationship builder with ties to a broad and diverse range of donors, corporations and foundations
- Proven successful work experience in diverse organizations, with the ability to interact professionally and thoughtfully
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for the mission
- An entrepreneurial vision to create excitement and energy around DKMS,, and encourage others to support its goals
- Minimum Bachelor level education; advanced degree in related field a plus
- International background and additional language skills a plus
- Heavy regional and international travel required
To apply: Send a cover email explaining your fit for the role, your resume and any relevant links to your work to Nilsa@dkms.org. Please include “Director of Development” in the subject line.