Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
The Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy & Action (EDC, www.eatingdisorderscoalition.org) works to advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority throughout the U.S. by building relationships with Congress, federal agencies, and organizations dedicated to health issues. The EDC also hosts Congressional briefings and biannual Advocacy Days on Capitol Hill.
In December 2016 the EDC achieved historic success in passing eating disorders-specific legislation within the 21st Century Cures Act (P.L. 114-255). EDC has been working diligently to ensure that the eating disorders provisions within the Cures Act are properly implemented and also to expand the organization’s scope of work to target additional high-leverage points for policy impact. EDC now requires additional financial support and is seeking a professional fundraising consultant to expand our mission and impact. The EDC’s goal is to grow the organization, involve more stakeholders, and ultimately further its policy initiatives. With a development plan and more funding, the EDC can set longer term policy goals, and its team can dedicate more time to advocacy work on Capitol Hill.
- Work with the EDC Development Committee in creating a fundraising strategy and marketing plan
- Identify potential funding partners
- Create proposals to be presented to potential new funding partners
- Experience with raising money for non-charitable donations is required, specifically working with 501c4 Advocacy Organizations – being able to create a fundraising campaign where dollars are being allocated to federal policy work and therefore not a charitable deduction, OR,
- Experience raising funds for a PAC; while we do not have a PAC, someone who understands how to raise money that is not tax deductible is key.
- Experience working with a volunteer board of directors and development committee.
- Information Requested
The EDC Development Committee is asking potential consultants to respond to this Request For Information.
- Provide a brief history and profile of your consultancy and experience providing services for organizations similar to ours. Provide a list of your clients comparable to our organization; include contact name, telephone number, services provided, and length of service.
- Describe in detail your process to address the requirements outlined above.
- As best you can, provide a suggested timeline for the completion of this type of fundraising campaign; if the project involves a multi-phase approach please provide approximate timeframes.
- Describe your fee structure and how the organization will be charged.
- Describe the project process and methodology including sample deliverables from past projects of similar size and scope. Document examples of your experience in designing/developing each of the project requirements.
- Please provide an unsigned copy of your standard service contract for our review and any additional stipulations of which we should be aware.
- Please be sure to document experience illustrating expertise in working with 501c4 organizations.
- Contact Information and Next Steps
Please submit your responses to this request in writing to: email@example.com, attention, Leah Sweet by May 1, 2019. The EDC Development Committee will review your information and may request follow-up interviews with candidates who best meet our requirements.