Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
YWCA Lancaster seeks a visionary, innovative, and effective leader, who has a demonstrated commitment to our mission of eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all, to serve as our next Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
YWCA Lancaster has been working for change since 1889, with a focus on social justice and women’s empowerment. The roots of gender and racial inequality are deep and pervasive. But, with our rich history and steadfast commitment to the community, YWCA Lancaster remains dedicated to social change. We seek to listen deeply and learn continually, that we may act effectively to recognize the potential of every person, to remove systemic barriers and create opportunities, and to amplify the voices of those who too often go unheard. We are learners, teachers, thought leaders, and advocates, bringing real change to the fight for gender equality, and racial and social justice.
Our focus on meeting immediate needs while creating long-term solutions positions YWCA Lancaster to achieve its mission. This continuum of response from direct service, to issue education, to advocacy, keeps us poised and ready to meet some of our community’s most critical needs.
The YWCA supports four main focus areas: residence program, child development, empowerment, and social justice.
Recognized by Forbes.com as one of the “10 Coolest U.S. Cities to Visit,” and as the “#1 Best Place to Retire in U.S.” by U.S. News & World Report, Lancaster is consistently lauded as a great place to live, work in, and enjoy!
Additionally, Lancaster has been called the Refugee Capital of America because it receives 20 times more refugees per capita than the rest of the US. As the region evolves and increases in diversity, the Mission of the YWCA becomes ever more critical.
We seek a leader who demonstrates a proven leadership approach to the mission-driven management of the YWCA, possesses an ability to innovate, exudes and cultivates an attitude that conveys a message that the “YW is the place to be,” and who can build on the organization’s history and relationships to further develop, both internally and externally, a culture and presence that exemplifies our mission. Our new CEO must show a demonstrated passion and commitment to our mission and be an experienced organizational leader with significant success in overseeing fundraising, programmatic, and overall operations. Our CEO must exhibit exceptional communication skills to build relationships with multiple diverse constituencies, including staff, donors, board members, media, government officials, agency partners, clients and community members.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for managing and overseeing the services provided by YWCA Lancaster and the day to day functions of the organization. The CEO will work directly with the Board of Directors to achieve its mission through creative and strategic planning and management. The CEO will work to build flourishing operations, an empowering organizational culture with emphasis on good employee relations, sustainable finances, strong community cooperative and collaborative partnerships, organizational awareness and impactful programs while measuring the organizational success through well-defined metrics.
- Provide effective leadership and management for all aspects of the YWCA including, but not limited to personnel, operations, programs, and the physical facilities. Delegate responsibilities optimally to effectively serve the organization’s clients and accomplish its double bottom line (mission and fiscal health).
- Oversee strong fund development activities, implementation of fundraising plans, and initiatives to secure sufficient funding. Play the primary role in the cultivation and solicitation of major and planned gifts as well as the annual campaign while leading the Executive Team in the preparation and management of foundation, government, and corporate grants.
- Serve as a principal resource to the Board of Directors and key committees, assisting them in matters of visioning, strategy, external scanning, policy formulation, and interpretation. Communicate regularly and openly with the Board. Implement policies and strategic directions established by the Board. Attend and participate in Board and committee meetings (i.e., providing input, information and feedback).
- Provide oversight of finances and operations including, but not limited to, preparation of the budget, insurances, statements of financial position, and profit and loss statements as well as compliance with regulations and all legal requirements. Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Build constructive, effective, productive relationships both internally and externally. Foster a respected image within the organization, with its clients, and within the general and philanthropic community in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Lead staff by example and provide guidance and direction by empowering staff to achieve great outcomes in alignment with the YWCA mission and values.
- Serve as the public embodiment of the mission and philosophy of the YWCA.
- College/advanced degree(s) in Public Administration, Social Work Administration, Business or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the mission of the YWCA Lancaster.
- An innovative and passionate leadership approach to mission-driven management within a non-profit organization.
- Proven cultural competence and willingness to leverage social capital.
- An ability to listen to, plan with, motivate staff and volunteers, to lead, implement, innovate, evaluate and ensure excellent performance levels.
- A strong knowledge of finances, including the ability to read, create, understand, and manage a budget; and manage the organization based on financial feedback.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, political astuteness, and compassion.
- Proven success working with a Board and staff to promote an empowering, vibrant working environment.
- Leadership qualities in personal accountability, deep listening, integrity, and respect.
- Leadership skills to recruit, mentor, and motivate personnel to create a strong team atmosphere, deep bench strength, and a wise succession plan.
Reports to: Board of Directors
- Chief Impact Officer/Chief Grants Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Social Justice
- Director of SAPCC
- Director of Communications
- Manager of Facility
- Director of Childcare Services
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Housing
- Director of Development
- Maintenance Supervisor
To apply, please forward a letter of interest explaining why you are drawn to this opportunity and to the mission of our organization, along with a resume, via email only, to: YWCA Lancaster CEO Position, Info.SBC@scclanc.org
For full consideration, resumes and cover letters should be received no later than June 5, 2019.
For more information about the YWCA Lancaster, please visit our website at: https://ywcalancaster.org/
The YWCA Lancaster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for this position.