Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Do you have a strong knowledge of philanthropic principles and applications?
Do you possess excellence in nonprofit fund development, relationship management and donor cultivation?
Have you been successful in personally cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual and major gifts?
Methodist Home for Children needs you!
Methodist Home for Children (MHC), headquartered in Raleigh, is a 501(c)(3) that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our state. We believe that every child deserves a chance, regardless of the circumstances into which he or she was born. Sometimes children need new parents. Sometimes teens need to learn new behaviors. Sometimes adults need to learn coping and parenting techniques. Our goal is to create safe, stable homes where all can live to their full potential. Financial support from our generous partners make this possible. MHC partners with public agencies to serve children in crisis, and we raise private funds to ensure that we can deliver the best in evidence-based services.
Methodist Home for Children's Institutional Advancement department is seeking a Development Officer to join its team. As part of a growing development team, this Officer will coordinate fund development activities for MHC in Western NC, specifically in the Triad/Asheville communities. The right candidate must be an independent self-starter with the creativity and talent to develop philanthropic giving and build a community network of supporters. Responsibilities include individual, church, corporate and foundation donor cultivation and solicitation, special event management, public speaking, and proposal writing.
Are you qualified?
Qualified candidates MUST meet our minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required, with at least three to five years of professional fundraising experience. Non-profit certification desired.
- Strong background in entrepreneurial/pipeline building/development of donor base, time-management, planning, motivational, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, excellent writing communication, public speaking/telephone skills, and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who works independently, without the need for day-to-day supervision.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in donor analysis, experience with data collecting, recording and reporting. DonorPerfect experience and moves management a plus.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License, reliable transportation and acceptable driving record.
- Have the ability to participate in extensive travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
Benefits of working for MHC include:
- Competitive pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Excellent medical/dental/vision and supplemental insurance offerings
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Team-oriented environment where creativity is value
Salary: $45,000 - 55,000, based on experience and education
Location: Home-based, serving the Triad region and Western, NC. Extensive travel throughout service area is required.
Apply today for immediate consideration: https://mhfc.applicantpool.com/jobs/