Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Meals on Wheels of the Monterey Peninsula is guided by the belief that a person’s health reflects the nurturing of the whole person – body, mind and spirit. Our programs are dedicated to promoting the physical, social and personal well- being and independence of seniors, homebound frail elderly and disabled adults on the Monterey Peninsula. Programs and services enable people to enjoy the good health and the highest quality of living as long as possible.
We are seeking an experienced Development Director who will be responsible for the management and implementation of fundraising and marketing activities of MOWMP to include the annual campaign, grants, events, capital campaigns, planned giving and major donor initiatives.
Summary of Essential Duties
- Manage Annual Giving Campaign
- Support Development Committee and sub committees of the Board. Provide monthly development reports and up-dated development calendars to Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Direct mail: coordinate all appeals, including Healthy Senior Nutrition Campaign and end of year mailing. Coordinate design and development of annual report and newsletter.
- Grant Proposals: research, development, timely submission and grants management. Acts as liaison to funding sources.
- Assist in implementation of donor recognition events, materials and acknowledgement.
- Assist in design and implementation of donor cultivation strategies. Conduct donor prospect research.
- Major gifts: work with the Executive Director and Board, when appropriate for donor identification, research, solicitation and cultivation. Coordinate Planned Giving and Memorial campaigns
- Special events: assist special events committee in planning and implementation. Acts as liaison and provide support and coordination.
- In coordination with Executive Director. Manage public relations and marketing functions, to include writing and distribution of press releases and PSAs; website design, updates and upgrades; maintaining current media contact information and cultivating local media
- Represent MOWMP in the community and in professional fundraising organizations
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years development experience in the non-profit area
- Management skills
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Access, Word and Publisher
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self directed
- Ability to motivate, to listen and to be creative
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a small office environment
TPO HR Management is administering this recruitment for Meals on Wheels. Please do not contact them directly.
If you are interested and qualified please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Development Director MOWMP.