Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
The Vice President of Development at our YMCA serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team and provides strategic leadership in financial development to advance the YMCAs mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. This role also assists the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
- Develops organizational goals and strategic plans for fundraising, balancing long-term direction and short-term requirements. Develops systems and manages resources, including the financial development budget, needed to carry out the fundraising plans. Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
- Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders.
- Directs and coordinates association capital development, annual campaign and endowment programs.
- Prepares and coordinates proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
- Actively engages the board in challenging conversations and decision making to advance the Y's impact when serving as the primary staff liaison to the Financial Development Committee and other assigned committees on the Board of Directors. Develops strategies to increase vo unteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
- Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
- Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
- Creates and implements effective communication strategies with compelling messages that inspire others to accomplish the mission and cause with maximum impact. Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
- Represents the CEO in the community as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree or YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Two or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another non-profit preferred.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
- Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
- CFRE or equivalent preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Executive Level
Salary Range: $45,000-$65,000/yr
Health Insurance: None
Life Insurance: YMCA Provided
Retirement: YMCA Provided
Apply at https://pcymca.isolvedhire.com/jobs/69443.html