Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Today there are around 60,000 foster children in California. On average a child typically stays in foster care for 2 – 3 years and approximately many end up staying in care for 5+ years. In the United States there are an estimated 1.5 – 2.8 million homeless and street youth in America. Human trafficking of youth is sadly very prevalent in California – both labor and sex. And domestic violence continues to be an issue in the country with 1 in 4 women on average likely to experience domestic violence and 10,000,000 children exposed to domestic violence each year.
Children remain amazingly resilient even in the worst of circumstances but often they suffer from self-esteem issues and withdraw into themselves. At Cake4Kids our goal is to deliver smiles to these children. We bake and deliver custom birthday cakes and aim to make the children feel special and loved on their birthdays. Cake4Kids is powered by an amazing and compassionate group of volunteers. These volunteers bake the cakes in their own homes and deliver the cakes to the agencies we serve.
Libby Gruender founded Cake4kids over 8 years ago as a grassroots effort to bring smiles to the children and youth in her community. The first year we started we delivered 10 cakes to 2 agencies in the Sunnyvale area and earlier this year we delivered our 15,000th cake! When we embarked on this journey we primarily served foster children and group homes and now we serve a very diverse agency population - family shelters, domestic violence agencies, human trafficking shelters, transitional homes and the list continues to expand as we come across causes that touch our hearts and have children’s needs at their core.
Position Description – Part-Time Operations Manager (Northern California Bay Area Applicants Only Please)
We are seeking a flexible, detail-oriented, multi-tasker to perform operations and administrative support for Cake4Kids. The candidate will work with our volunteers and the agencies we support. This job is part-time and is a job-share position with two other people. The hours for this role are 1pm – 5pm from Monday – Friday.
- Review volunteer applications to ensure a person’s suitability and check all required data
- Communication with volunteers who have questions about joining Cake4kids, making sure they know when orientation sessions occur and answering any general questions about volunteering
- Managing volunteer information in our database. We use Salesforce as our database.
- Liaison with the agencies we work with – assessing their needs and managing day-to-day communication.
- Managing the intake, volume and coordination of cakes with the agencies to ensure accuracy and capacity to meet commitments.
- Manage cake requests in Salesforce, mitigate issues, and ensure bakers fill all cakes requests.
- Liaising with the volunteers to make sure there are no issues with cake deliveries – no child can ever be disappointed by Cake4kids
- Assist in the recruitment of agencies and volunteers
- Create and audit reports to provide to the Director of Operations and Executive Director as needed
- Participating in meetings and events as and when needed.
Knowledge and Skills
Our ideal person is one, who is good at working as part of a team but can also work very well independently. Good at relationship-building, analysis, multi-tasking and comfortable using technology
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines; and anticipate and respond to work requests
- Must be detail oriented as accuracy is critical to the success of the organization and the cake recipient.
- Experience with data entry work – Salesforce skills preferable but not necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable dealing with people via email, over the phone and in person.
- Skills in developing and maintaining positive work relationships and building teamwork
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and multicultural sensitivity
- Baking skills required
This is a part-time role – 21 hours per week at a rate of $20/hour.
Currently the position is home-based, as Cake4Kids does not have a physical location.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in this role
Cake4Kids is an equal employment opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants. Cake4Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations.
Cake4Kids may use an outside firm to check the accuracy of information supplied by applicants.