Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Department: Connect Through Tech
Reports To: Director of Connect Through Tech
About DOROT: DOROT, which means “generations” in Hebrew, was founded in 1976. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers, and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted on-site, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
DOROT is an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of the elderly and address the challenges of an aging society. DOROT brings the generations together in mutually beneficial partnerships, engaging over 7,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming that touches the lives of seniors.
DOROT’s clients range in age from 60 to over 100, vary in physical mobility and economic status, and come from diverse backgrounds. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community and offers a lifeline of support to older adults in our catchment area (the Upper West Side from 59th to 125th Streets, East Side from 14th to 96th Streets and Westchester County).
About the Connect Through Tech (CTT) Department: The Connect Though Tech Department leverages technology to provide programs to older adults that support social connections and help them access the resources and information they need to live independently in an increasingly digital world. One of these programs is DOROT’s long-standing teleconferencing program, University Without Walls (UWW), which connects home-based older adults to a vibrant community of learning and friendship while exploring topics on arts, literature, health, current events, support groups and more. UWW Programs in Russian are available as well. CTT’s growing portfolio of programs focuses on teaching and coaching older adults to learn and adopt technology. Unique to DOROT’s approach is its strong volunteer base and individualized approach to engaging older people onsite at DOROT or in their homes.
Position Summary: The Coordinator of University without Walls Programming is an exciting and vital position responsible for planning and executing strategies that will grow the program to serve more older adults in need of life-enriching programming and peer interaction. The ideal candidate is a high energy, creative and analytical person with success in building positive and productive community relationships and developing diverse and engaging program content. They are enthusiastic about technology’s potential to increase social connections and access to resources for homebased older adults. This is a unique opportunity to elevate one of DOROT's signature programs to meet the diverse needs of older adults, including those who are less mobile and at risk for isolation.
- Relationship cultivation and maintenance – create and leverage relationships that produce new classes and discussion groups that expand the breadth of program Relationship cultivation and maintenance – create and leverage relationships that produce new classes and discussion groups that expand the breadth of program
- Program design and evaluation – organize the collection and analysis of relevant data from DOROT’s database and program evaluations to plan targeted course development for new and existing programming
- Targeted marketing / outreach planning – create and manage varied outreach strategies that successfully engage new and diverse participants and facilitators, including those who speak Russian and Spanish
- Support program facilitators – create or update professional development for program facilitators including orientation
- Systems development, including technology for program delivery – Work with CTT Director to research and implement new technology to deliver content and build social connections among older adults.
- Collaborate with other DOROT departments for participant referrals and program planning
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of printed and digital marketing tools, partnering with DOROT’s Development and Communications
- Orient support and supervise office volunteers and interns
- Provide back-up support to register new participants
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with 2-3 years of professional experience (e.g. education, social services, nonprofit management)
- Demonstrated success in relationship cultivation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Creative and analytical marketing mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking/presentations
- Enthusiasm for the benefits of technology and comfort with independent learning of new technology
- Marketing and basic graphic design experience a plus.
- Interest in working with older adults
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; video conferencing experience a plus
- Ability to travel throughout the Metro NYC area
- Availability to work occasional evening hours and approximately eight Sundays per year