Posting your nonprofit job with the Philanthropy Journal is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current job vacancies.
Find a Job
Choose from the menus below and click submit to display a listing of all available jobs matching your criteria.
Assistant Vice President of Development
College of Arts & Sciences
Georgia State University
About Georgia State University
Georgia State University, an enterprising public research university in Atlanta, GA, is a national leader in graduating students from diverse backgrounds. U.S. News & World Report has named Georgia State the 2nd most innovative university in the country based on our visionary approach to student success. Founded in 1913, it is one of the University System of Georgia’s four research universities. It is also the largest institution of higher education based in Georgia and is in the top 10 in the nation with a total student population of approximately 54,000 including approximately 33,000 graduate and undergraduate students at the main campus downtown. Georgia State offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experience across the curriculum and has more than 50 nationally and internationally ranked programs.
The College of Arts & Sciences is the largest college and the intellectual heart of the university with 23 departments and institutes spanning the Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Natural and Computational Sciences. The college is the nexus of innovation for the university with 540 faculty members, the technologically advanced Creative Media Industries Institute, and a spate of career and industry-facing degree programs, internships, and other experiential learning opportunities. It is also home to more than 130,000 alumni.
The Assistant Vice President for Development will serve as the chief fundraising officer for the college and, working with the Senior AVP for Constituent Programs and the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, will be responsible for developing and assessing strategies and goals for the college. This position will work closely with the College Board of Visitors and department level Boards, and will assist with the development of a comprehensive advancement relations plan.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward prospects at the $100,000 level and up.
- Coordinate with department chairs and faculty in developing proposals to the private sector.
- Develop long and short range funding plans with Senior AVP, dean, associate deans, and department chairs.
- Be a part of the senior leadership team for Constituent Programs. Assist in the planning for the next campaign.
- Work with the College Board of Visitors and expand the board and its responsibilities to include a more active role in fundraising for the college.
- Assist Alumni Affairs, Central Development, Development Operations and Public Relations as needed.
- Participate as a member of the dean’s leadership team, including the Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration, the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, and the rest of the dean’s leadership team.
Bachelor’s Degree and seven years of related experience, or a combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing cultivation and solicitation plans.
- Development experience in a higher education setting.
- Three years of leadership or supervisory experience in fundraising.
- Knowledge of and prior use of Raiser’s Edge software.
- Experience setting fundraising goals.
- Experience supervising and motivating staff and volunteers to achieve objectives.
- Ability and commitment to work with diverse constituencies from all disciplines including. donors, faculty, staff, students, and select corporations and foundations.
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please submit your application with your cover letter and resume on the GSU HR website https://hr.gsu.edu